What are Ingrown Toenails?
Ingrown toenails are when the nail grows into the skin. They can cause swelling, redness and pain around the toenail. If left untreated, they can cause infection that can spread. The big toe is the most susceptible to ingrown toenails, but it can affect any of the toes.
- Podiatry treatment to remove problematic part of the nail
- Orthotics to improve foot function
- Permanent removal of toenail in whole or part
- Wear better fitting shoes
- Ill fitting shoes
- Untrimmed toenails
- Poor foot posture such as excessive pronation ( feet roll inward).
- Shoes that are too tight around the toe
- Poorly trimmed toenails
- Regular participation in athletic movement
- Pain around the toenail (one or both sides)